McLaren unveils MCL35M Formula 1 car ahead of 2021 season | Image Gallery

 McLaren becomes the first F1 team to unveil the 2021 car, know as the MCL35M, which will be piloted by Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris.

Visually, the MCL35M looks similar to its MCL35 predecessor, with teams having been forced to use modified versions of their 2020 chassis this year, ahead of the introduction of all-new cars in 2022 – while the MCL35M also sports McLaren’s now-traditional papaya-and-blue color scheme.

Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris with the new MCL35M
Daniel Ricciardo and Lando Norris with the new MCL35M

McLaren is now using Mercedes's Power Unit for the first time since 2014 this season – the only team on the grid in 2021 forced to deal with a change of power unit supplier, as McLaren continue their quest to return to the sharp end of the grid.

“It’s great to have finally joined the team after what feels like an age since we confirmed it last May,” said Ricciardo. “I’m thrilled to be a McLaren driver and super-keen to get started. McLaren has been on an awesome journey over the last few years, and I’m looking forward to helping the team maintain this positive momentum.

“Going into this new season in Formula 1, I’m feeling excited and motivated to give it my absolute all. I think my determination to perform has only grown as I’ve gained more experience and I’m looking forward to getting this next chapter in my career started.”

“I’m really excited to be back working with the team ahead of my third season in Formula 1,” added Norris. “Every time I get into the car I feel like I’m growing in confidence and experience, which helps me build my performance year-on-year. I’ve been working hard personally throughout the off-season to be as sharp as I can when we get to pre-season testing, and I can’t wait to get back in the car soon.

“2021 is going to be another challenging year on-track with close competition, but I’m just focused on getting back to racing and giving it my all.”
Following on from the car’s launch, Ricciardo and Norris will shake down the MCL35M at Silverstone on Tuesday, February 16 as part of a filming day for McLaren, ahead of the start of pre-season testing at the Bahrain International Circuit on March 12-14 – while the car will be on the grid two weeks after that for the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix on March 28.

IMAGE GALLERY:-


1 / 5
MCL35M
2 / 5
MCL35M
3 / 5
MCL35M
4 / 5
MCL35M
5 / 5
MCL35M

Post a Comment

0 Comments